Saturday, December 02, 2006

The Three Projects We Will Be Following.

1. The Unnamed Football Project -- This is the focus of the blog, at least at this stage, hence the name. This is a brand new play I'm writing, and I've got very little information about what it is going to be when it grows up. I know that it's about professional football. I know that I'm thinking a lot about Mike Vick, Brett Farve, and Chad Johnson and their respective places in the American psyche. I don't know much else.

2. Tyree -- This is a sequel to Guernica, the play that I finished in January of this year. Guernica was a play I wrote without stopping. I didn't allow myself to think much about meaning and morals and structure and process--I just went ahead and pushed myself to finish and see what came out. Tyree is even more along those lines. I have no idea what Tyree is really about. That's not true--I know what I think it's about, but I'm trying to make sure that's not readily apparent in the piece. I'm about 40 pages into Tyree after only about three weeks of working on it. That's kind of a record for me. I aim to finish it in January of '07.

3. Forever Talisman -- This is only half a project. I wrote this screenplay in my senior year of college. I used it to get into graduate school. Then I lost the computer file of it--so I've had nothing to send out on the screenplay front. I'm working on retyping the play off of a hard copy I recently found. Once that's done, I'll be sending it out everywhere I can. Also included in this third category is all the business stuff I'm working on--trying to get all these projects (plus Welcome to Arroyo's and The Elaborate Entrance of Chad Deity) out into the world and make some money off them.

I'll be updating as much as I can.

No comments: