Friday, December 29, 2006

New Year's Resolutions.

I'm not a big New Year's resolutions guy, but somehow they seem in the spirit of this here blog. So here are a few. You'll be able to track my progress on them right here throughout the year.

1. I will finish Tyree by January 12, 2007, the one year anniversary of completing Guernica.
1a. Immediately after finishing Tyree, I will start planning the third play of the trilogy. I think it's going to be called Slate at this point, although if you've seen or read Guernica, you might understand why that could be a little tricky.

2. I will complete a first draft of The Unnamed Football Project.
2a. I will come up with a name for The Unnamed Football Project.
2b. I will do a reading of The Unnamed Football Project somewhere, maybe in Cleveland.

3. I will do a reading of The Elaborate Entrance of Chad Deity at some point in the early part of the year, possibly in February in New York City.
3a. Speaking of February, I will be in New York City to participate in the No Passport conference. This one isn't so much a resolution as a statement of fact, but still.

4. I will (finally) finish retyping my first screenplay, written way back in my senior year of college and then lost in one of my many computer transfers. The screenplay is called Forever Talisman, and it basically got me into graduate school. I'm working from a hard copy, retyping and editing as I go. I'm hoping to be able to shop it around this year.
4a. I will finish at least one of these two screenplays: The Ali Boys and/or The Adventures of Jane and Mary. The former is a longtime pet project (and another exploration of pro wrestling), the latter is a top secret special collaboration with my buddy duD.

5. I will do one final (hopefully) revision of Welcome to Arroyo's.
5a. I will make one major announcement about the future of Welcome to Arroyo's.
5b. Well, maybe two.
5c. Well, let's not put a limit on it just yet.
5d. There will be at least one opportunity to see a version of Welcome to Arroyo's, especially if you live in New York.
5e. I may--may--finish that darn novelization of that darn play.

6. I will dilligently be pushing, selling, schmoozing, pimping, promoting, glorifying and begging to get these darn plays produced and published.

Let's see what happens.

No comments: